Monday, January 28, 2013

work/life balance

The first thing you should probably know about me is that I'm your typical, type A workaholic. I would rather hand a paper in two weeks early than two minutes late. But I enjoy what comes with being a workaholic. I like seeing an A on the front of a test, a nice comment at the end of an essay. For me, maintaining an A average is worth staying up all night revising for the end of topic test.

Last week I finished my January exams. I worked all over the Christmas holidays; the only days I had off were Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. And now they're over and I can finally relax, I'm ill. Not 'stay in bed all day' ill, but 'generally feeling run down' ill. Up until this weekend I felt so mentally tired I could barely concentrate on a TV show. I just hope that when the results come in March it will have all been worth it.

When I decide to switch off, I am totally able to do it. If I think I've done enough revision I'll happily read a few chapters or watch an episode of one of my favourite shows. But if I don't feel like I've done enough work then I'll stress about it until I know I'm ready. For me the best way to stop stressing is just to do the work.

I have two more years of school and then five years at university. This year I plan to really crack the work/life balance problem so when I have loads of medical exams to revise for I'll totally be able to do it!

Just as I do in every other aspect of my life, I'm sure I'll work on this and eventually get there. And I'll be sure to keep you all included in what's going on!

xoxo - Girl, Enchanted

1 comment:

tell me what you think...